Just a wild guess—you'd much rather spend Turkey Day chilling with family and friends than slaving away in the kitchen. Well, how's this for genius: This dish feeds eight rumbling bellies and comes with a foolproof game plan that'll have you kicking back in one hour—and not a minute more.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 2 pounds small yellowfleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound), peeled
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 2 inches; season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, halve the sweet potato lengthwise and then slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Add to the boiling water and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain in a colander, then return to the pot.
- Using a wooden spoon, coarsely mash the potatoes and sweet potato with the cream; season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.