Just a wild guess—you'd much rather spend Turkey Day chilling with family and friends than slaving away in the kitchen. Well, how's this for genius: This dish feeds eight rumbling bellies and comes with a foolproof game plan that'll have you kicking back in one hour—and not a minute more.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 10 mins
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 golden delicious applepeeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce bag stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees . In a large saucepan, cook the scallions, apple, butter and pepper, stirring, over high heat, for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the stuffing mix, pecans and dates until combined.
- Transfer the stuffing to an ovenproof serving dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 pound cooked crumbled spicy Italian sausage before baking.