Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 ears corn, kernels scraped from the cob
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning occasionally, until golden, about 25 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and the garlic; season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Drain, reserving the fat in the skillet; coarsely chop. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until the juices run clear, about 8 minutes total. Wipe out the skillet. Let the chicken cool, then thinly slice.
- In the skillet, cook the corn over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until charred; let cool. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the charred corn, tomatoes, onion and basil; season with salt. Add the watercress, potatoes, sliced chicken and chopped bacon; toss.
- Leave your melon on the rind! The fruit is more likely to stay firm than if you cube it.