Grab 'em while you can! It doesn't get any sweeter than a peach in season, and this recipe gives you more reasons to sink your teeth in.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 3 mins
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 7 peaches, 4 halved, 3 peeled and chopped
- 3/4cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Using an electric mixer, beat the ice cream, chopped peaches, gingersnaps and coconut on low speed until just combined. Freeze until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Brush the cut sides of the peach halves with the oil and grill cut side down until golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Turn the peaches over and grill for 1 minute more. Divide among 4 bowls; top each with a scoop of ginger-peach ice cream.
- Toast the coconut in a skillet or 350 degrees oven until golden and fragrant, then let cool.