Grab 'em while you can! It doesn't get any sweeter than a peach in season, and this recipe gives you more reasons to sink your teeth in.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 35 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 4 peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (6 limes)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 2 pound flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, 1/2 cup red onion, the jalapeno, cilantro, 1/2 cup lime juice and 1/4 cup olive oil. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining red onion and 2 tablespoons each lime juice and olive oil. Add the steak to the bag, shaking. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Pat the steak dry, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes; slice.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet on the grill. Cover half of each tortilla with steak slices. Season the salsa with salt and pepper. Dollop 1/4 cup each salsa and cheese on the tortillas; fold in half.
- Drizzle olive oil in the skillet. Working in batches, add the quesadillas and cook until golden, 2 minutes on each side. Cut into wedges; serve with the remaining salsa and the sour cream.
- The Black Chook Shiraz-Viognier 2007 (Australia), Concannon Petite Sirah Limited Release 2005 (California)