Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound finely shredded rotisserie chicken (about three-quarters of a chicken)
- 1/4 large head green cabbage, cored and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 pieces store-bought cornbread, cut lengthwise into 1-inch slices
- Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, pimientos and mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the cabbage and radishes. Add the olive oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Divide the chicken slaw among 4 shallow bowls.
- Spread some pimiento-cheese mixture on each slice of cornbread. Transfer to a baking pan and broil until the cheese is browned and bubbling. Serve alongside the chicken slaw.
- Meridian Chardonnay 2006 (California), Climbing Chardonnay 2007 (Australia)
- Use North Carolina-style barbecue sauce instead of vinegar.