Serve with dinner rolls.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 2 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimppeeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 tomatoes, preferably beefsteak
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled and finely chopped
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, scallion whites and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Core the tomatoes and cut each into 8 sections, leaving the sections connected at the bottom. Divide the lettuce among 4 serving plates and top each with a tomato, splaying out the sections slightly.
- Add the scallion greens, mayonnaise, celery and Worcestershire sauce to the shrimp mixture and toss. Fill each tomato with the shrimp salad and top with some egg.
- Kim Crawford Pinot Gris 2007 (New Zealand), Allegrini Soave 2006 (Italy)
- To core a tomato, slide the tip of a paring knife 1/4 inch into the top, then carve out the core.