Take the heat off with this easy frozen dessert.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, warmed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, granulated sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in 1 cup milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until smooth, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, whisk in the remaining 1 cup milk and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour the warm caramel sauce into a squeeze bottle and drizzle about half into the mugs or goblets so that it sticks to the sides.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream with the confectioners' sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Using a blender, process the ice and chilled chocolate mixture until smooth. Pour into the glasses. Top with the whipped cream and the remaining caramel sauce. Serve with straws and spoons.
- Refrigerate mugs or glasses before serving the frozen hot chocolate. Clear glass will get that frosty look.