Makes: 18 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 25 mins
- 2 1/4cups flour
- 3/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups mashed very ripe banana (2 or 3 bananas)
- 1/4cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line 18 standard-size muffin cups with baking liners. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the banana, yogurt and vanilla extract with a fork until combined (the mixture will be slightly lumpy).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar and butter at high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions. On low speed, beat in half the dry ingredients, then all of the banana mixture. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the liners, about three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack and then dust with confectioners' sugar, using a dog-bone stencil.
- Tap the sides of a small strainer filled with confectioners' sugar to evenly dust the cupcakes.