Get familiar with fresh tomatoes, and give them some play as a sauce for grilled pork.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 large jalapeno chilestemmed, halved and seeded
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/4pounds green tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 thin pork cutlets (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Using a food processor, finely chop the garlic, jalapeno and cilantro. Add the tomatoes and scallions and process until chopped. Transfer the salsa to a serving bowl. Stir in the lime juice and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush the pork lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook, in batches if necessary, until grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Season the salsa with salt and pepper and serve over the pork.
- Campo Viejo Crianza 2004 (Spain)
- Spread leftover salsa on toasted baguette slices.