Makes: 20 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 12 - 14 ears corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Scrape the kernels from the corn cobs. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat and add the corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly, then stir in the orzo, tomatoes, onion and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 7 tablespoons olive oil and the vinegar; add the salt, black pepper and cayenne. Pour over the corn salad and toss.