Hey, kids! Try this nutty twist on breakfast.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- 12 chocolate chips
- 1 strawberry Fruit Roll-Up, cut into 4 thin strips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat together the milk, egg, peanut butter and butter until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Ask your GH (Grown-Up Helper) to heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake and cook until it begins to puff and the bottom is golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter; you will need 10 pancakes.
- Place 1 pancake each on 4 plates. Cut out 4 ovals from 2 more pancakes. Cut the remaining 4 pancakes in half. Top each whole pancake with 2 pancake halves for the ears, 1 oval for the muzzle, whipped cream for the fur, chocolate chips for the eyes and nose and a strip of Fruit Roll-Up for the tongue.