Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3cup milk
- 3/4cup flour
- 1/3cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Add 1/2 stick butter to a 9-inch square baking dish and melt in the oven, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and granulated sugar, then whisk in the egg-milk mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish; bake until the pancake begins to rise, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons water over medium heat, stirring, until bubbling, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 stick butter, the sour cream and bananas and heat through.
- Drizzle the pancake with half of the butterscotch sauce and sprinkle with walnuts. Slice and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.
- Top the pancake with powdered sugar instead of butterscotch sauce.