Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 1 hr
- 2 pounds frozen sliced peaches or 2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant pearl tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, brown sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and lemon juice. Let rest; toss occasionally.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Using your fingers, blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the blueberries, then 1/2 cup cream; combine until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a floured work surface and pat into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Pour the peach mixture into the baking dish. Arrange the wedges on top; brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons cream and sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar. Bake until the scones are golden, about 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Skip the peaches and bake the scones at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.