Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 12 mins
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 10 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking liners. Using a mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg. Mix in the salt, baking powder and baking soda at low speed, then mix in the vanilla and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop 10 rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake the cookies until golden at the edges and slightly soft in the center, about 12 minutes. Transfer the cookie sheets to racks to cool completely.
- Sandwich the cookies with 2 tablespoons marshmallow each.
- Set out the butter in advance so it's soft enough to cream.
- Line your pans with silicone baking liners- cookies won't stick and cleanup is a snap!
- Use a standing mixer for easy cookie dough mixing.