Every pup is sure to go for these meatballs. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4pound ground beef, pork and veal
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3cup chopped shredded carrots
- 1/3cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3cup bread crumbs
- 1/4cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, mashed into a paste with a little salt (optional)
- 1/2pound ditalini pasta
- In a large, deep skillet or saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, then salt it and lower to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ground meat, eggs, carrots, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley and garlic paste, if using; season with pepper. Form into 1-inch balls.
- Drop the meatballs into the broth and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta and cook until al dente, 6 to 7 minutes. Let cool before serving to your pooch! Season the people's portions with salt and pepper and sprinkle with more parmigiano-reggiano.