Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon gold, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Forelle or Bosc pears, cut into eighths lengthwise and cored
- 4 sprigs thyme, plus 1 teaspoon leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Add the potatoes, stir to coat and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the pears, thyme sprigs, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the potatoes; stir to combine. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast, tossing halfway through, until the potatoes and pears are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, mustard and the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper and set aside. Place the watercress in a shallow bowl or on a platter and set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and discard the thyme sprigs. Sprinkle the lemon peel and thyme leaves over the roasted pears and potatoes. Drizzle 3 to 4 tablespoons dressing on top and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pears and potatoes over the watercress and drizzle the remaining dressing over the greens.