Substitute pepper-jack cheese for the cheddar for a spicy spin on this recipe.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hr 5 mins
- 20 small new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Pierce the potatoes with a fork, arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer and brush with the olive oil. Roast, uncovered, until tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Halve the potatoes; using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out most of the flesh into a bowl. Return the potato skins to the baking sheet. Coarsely mash the potato flesh in the bowl and stir in the cheese, sour cream, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Sprinkle the insides of the skins with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; stuff each with the potato-cheese mixture and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake the stuffed potato skins until golden-brown on top, 15 to 20 minutes.