Whip up this ode to Duncan Hines.
Makes: 24 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1 18 1/4 ounce box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake mix
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large zucchini (about 10 ounces), shredded
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Grated peel and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted pistachio nuts (about 4 ounces), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line two 12-cup muffin pans with baking liners. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper and cloves. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and milk. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth; stir in the zucchini.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl. Whisk in the lime peel, lime juice and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water until smooth. Cover each cupcake with the glaze and sprinkle with the pistachios.