If you can't easily find swordfish, a firm white fish like monkfish, halibut or tilapia will work too.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (12 ounces), finely chopped
- 2 kiwi, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith applecored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 1 inches thick swordfish steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- In a medium, nonreactive bowl, stir together the pineapple, kiwi, apple, red onion, jalapeno, lime peel and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the swordfish steaks on both sides with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Top each steak with the pineapple relish and serve with the lime wedges.