Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, add the peas, butter and scallion whites to another large saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the scallion greens and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the tortellini and 1/3 cup cheese into the sauce. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls and Easy does it sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bersano Barbera d'Asti Costalunga 2006 (Italy)
- Stir in chopped cooked ham.