Serve a lighter version of pizza by using a pesto "sauce" and tomato and peach toppings.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 12 mins
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2cup pecans
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 13.8ouncetub refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 small peaches, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- In a food processor, chop the garlic. Add 1/2 cup basil, the pecans, 1/2 cup olive oil, the parmesan, vinegar, salt and pepper and puree into pesto.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface into a 14-inch square. Cut into 8 squares and prick each one several times with a fork. Place on a lightly floured baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake until golden, 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the pesto on each square and top with overlapping tomato and peach slices. Slice the remaining 1/2 cup basil into thin strips and sprinkle on the pizza. Season with salt.