Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 2 pounds ground pork or turkey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 12 red or black seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 flatbreads
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. In a large bowl, combine the pork, balsamic vinegar, grill seasoning, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal portions; form each into 3 meatballs. Press 1 grape into each meatball, then pinch the meat to seal. Coat the meatballs with 2 tablespoons EVOO and thread onto skewers. Cover and grill, turning, until firm and cooked through, about 18 minutes.
- In another large bowl, toss the arugula, basil and parsley with the lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and honey; season with pepper.
- Warm the flatbread on the grill. Top each with greens, some ricotta mixture and 3 meatballs.
- Tormaresca Neprica Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 (Italy)