Grill up chicken and potatoes with a spicy little secret.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 12 ounce can or bottle beer, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 baking potatoes
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the beer, butter, garlic, chili powder, brown sugar and salt. Add the drumsticks, seal the bag and let marinate while you proceed.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Microwave the potatoes on high until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Slice the potatoes lengthwise about 1/4-inch thick. Drizzle both sides generously with olive oil.
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes to the grill. Grill the drumsticks, brushing with the beer marinade and turning occasionally, until the skin is golden and crisp and the juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes Meanwhile, grill the potatoes until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt. Serve the chicken and potatoes with the lime wedges.
- When the drumsticks start to char, move them to the sides of the grill to finish cooking.