This spicy green dip is a delicious switch from the usual red sauce.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Grated peel and juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp
- Preheat the broiler. Place the tomatillos on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until charred and soft, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
- Using a food processor, puree the tomatillos, green chiles, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice, garlic and jalapeno. Serve the sauce with the shrimp.