Serve these potato poppers at your Fourth of July bash, and everyone will ooh and aah way before the first bottle rocket lights up the sky.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 24 new red potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake until the skins are crisp, 20 to 25 minutes; let cool.
- Scoop out the center of each potato half and place in a medium bowl. Stir in the sour cream, blue cheese, bacon, parsley and onion. Fill each potato skin with the sour cream mixture and top with more crumbled bacon and parsley.