Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large carrots, halved crosswise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 4 zucchini, halved crosswise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2/3 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Add the zucchini and cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes; stir in the tarragon. Add the pasta, reserved cooking water and pecans; toss.
- Bisol Jeio Prosecco 2006 (Italy)
- Use a vegetable peeler to make zucchini and carrot ribbons.