Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 10 ouncejar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 pounds deli-sliced roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Break each piece in half.
- Meanwhile, using a blender, puree the tomatoes with their oil until mostly smooth. In a medium bowl, mix the tomato puree with the mayonnaise and pepper.
- Spread half of the sauce on the roll bottoms. Top with the roast beef, 3 pieces of bacon and 1 slice of provolone.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-low. Place the sandwiches and the roll tops on the grill. Cover and cook until the rolls are toasted and the meat is heated through, about 5 minutes. Slather the roll tops with the reserved sauce and place on the sandwiches.