Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1 pound peasant loaf, torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ribs celery with leaves, sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 4 ounces jarlsberg cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, the garlic and cumin. Add the bread and toss; season with salt and pepper. Scatter on a baking sheet and bake, tossing occasionally, until toasted.
- In the same bowl, mix the celery, chickpeas, jarlsberg, almonds, vinegar and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the bread and toss. Let stand for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add golden raisins.