Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 head (small) cauliflower, florets cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup almonds (about 4 ounces), finely ground
- 1 11 ounce log goat cheese, at room temperature, cut crosswise into 8 rounds
- 2 oranges, peel and pith discarded, sliced into 6 rounds each
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees . Place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss; arrange in a single layer on one side of the baking sheet. Place the asparagus on the opposite side and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper, scatter the onion on top of the asparagus and roast until golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool, leaving the oven on.
- Place the ground almonds in a shallow bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil onto a plate; coat each goat cheese round with the oil, reserving the extra oil. Gently turn the cheese rounds in the nuts to coat and place on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the roasted vegetables and the orange rounds among 4 plates. Drizzle each plate with the reserved oil and 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Serve with 2 goat cheese rounds each.
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc 2007 (New Zealand)
- Slice goat cheese at room temperature to prevent it from crumbling.