These party sandwiches are stuffed with store-bought fillings, so they come together in seconds.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 16 mini pita pockets, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2pound each hummus, tapenade, pesto, sun-dried tomato spread, black bean dip and spreadable goat cheese
- Olives, for garnish
- Paprika (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. Split each pita pocket in half, forming 32 disks total. Place the disks, cut side up, on a baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Place under the broiler and cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Top the pitas with the various spreads. Place an olive in the center of some of the pitas. Sprinkle lightly with paprika, if desired.
- Use larger toasted pitas and cut into wedges to serve.