Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 32 ouncecontainer (4 cups) chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2cups arborio rice
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1/2pound green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 8 lamb rib chops
- 1 pound frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1/3cup fresh mint leaves (a generous handful)
- 1/3cup flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 2/3cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (a couple of generous handfuls)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a medium saucepan, warm the chicken broth over low heat. In another medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the wine and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the warm broth one ladleful at a time, allowing the liquid to evaporate before adding more. Cook for 13 minutes more.
- On a baking sheet, toss the green beans, tomatoes and scallions with the balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium heat. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side for rare.
- Using a food processor, puree half of the peas with the mint and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture into the risotto, then stir in the remaining whole peas, the parmigiano and butter.
- Serve the lamb chops with the risotto and roasted vegetables.
Tip PAIR WITH
- Columbia Winery Columbia Valley Syrah 2004 (Washington State)