Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 14 1/2ouncecan chicken broth
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2cups chopped seedless green grapes
- 3/4cup finely chopped red onion
- 18 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 10 ouncebox (1 1/2 cups) instant couscous
- In a large pot, bring 5 cups salted water, the broth and thyme to a boil. Add the chicken, lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Reserve the poaching liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine the grapes, onion, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and half the lemon peel. Season with salt and set aside.
- Return the poaching liquid to a boil. Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling liquid over the couscous, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the remaining lemon peel and fluff with a fork. Place the chicken over the couscous and top with the grape relish.
- Casa Lapostolle Casablanca Valley Chardonnay 2005 (Chile)
- Double the relish recipe and serve with tortilla chips.