Make a quiche for your pooch—and save some for yourself. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Bake: 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2pound uncooked turkey breakfast sausage links, casings removed
- 1 9 inch frozen piecrust, partially baked
- 1/2cup cheddar cheese, cumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsely, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, for serving (people's portions only)
- Chili sauce or green salsa, for serving (people's portions only)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a medium skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat, until browned; let cool. Add the sausage to the piecrust and scatter the cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, half-and-half and parsley, and pour over the sausage and cheese. Bake for 40 minutes; let cool.
- Chop up a wedge for the pooch. Season the people's portions with salt and pepper and top with the chili sauce.