Every cook deserves a Dutch oven—and some great recipes to go with it, like this shrimp stew.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3cup flour
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 15 ouncecans white beans, rinsed
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a medium skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, remaining garlic and 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually stir in 2 cups water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the white beans and bring to a simmer. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until firm and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoned crumbs over each portion.