Too hot to cook? You can still enjoy a berry piethis no-bake version comes together in the fridge.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 10 ouncepackage frozen raspberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 9 inch pie crust, baked and cooled
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat the cream and almond extract until stiff peaks form.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring the sugar, gelatin and 1/2 cup water to a simmer and stir until the sugar and gelatin dissolve. Remove from the heat, add the berries and lemon juice and stir until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold the whipped cream into the berry mixture and spread in the pie crust. Refrigerate until set, a few hours or overnight.
- Stir gently when folding the cream with the berry mixture to keep the filling fluffy and the fruit intact.