This rice side dish practically cooks itself.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice blend (or 1 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup wild rice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth, rice, butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes; fluff the rice.
- Add the nuts, parsley and olive oil to the rice and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Replace the pine nuts with chopped pecans or hazelnuts.