Feed your family a great dinner for under $10 with this good-deal meal.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds thin chicken cutlets
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice, cooked
- Using a food processor, finely chop the ginger, parsley, mint and cilantro. Add 3/4 cup peanut oil, the vinegar, honey, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and process until blended.
- In a grill pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and grill, turning once, until golden on both sides, 5 minutes. Transfer to a board to rest for a minute, then cut into thin strips.
- Spoon the rice into bowls and top with the chicken and dressing.
- Kanu Chenin Blanc 2006 (South Africa)
- Serve with steamed fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas.