Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 12 6 inches flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick Grill Mates Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 4 1- to 1-1/2-inch-thick tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head savoy cabbagequartered, cored and shredded
- 6 scallions, sliced on an angle
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- Hot pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees . Wrap up the tortillas in a damp kitchen towel, set them into a pie plate or cake pan and place in the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the grill seasoning, cumin, paprika and chili powder. Rub the mixture on both sides of the tuna steaks.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until the oil ripples. Add the cabbage and cook, turning with tongs occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add a few tablespoons water to help wilt, if needed. Toss in the scallions until combined; season with salt to taste. Turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a second large skillet, griddle or grill pan, sear the tuna steaks for 2 minutes on each side for rare, or up to 5 minutes on each side for well-done. Cut into thin slices.
- Using a food processor, mix the avocados, cream and lime juice until smooth. Season the avocado cream with salt and hot sauce to taste.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven. Place sliced tuna and cabbage on each tortilla and fold over; serve the avocado cream on the side.
Tip PAIR WITH
- Casalnova Prosecco NV (Italy)