Give wine new purpose as a star ingredient in this sweet and savory side dish.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 16 ounce bag baby carrots
- 1/4- 1/2 cup white or rose wine
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme or tarragon)
- Pinch salt
- In a medium skillet, add the carrots and wine to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, adding a little more wine if it dries out, until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Uncover the pan and cook over high heat until most of the wine has evaporated. Turn off the heat and add the butter, herbs and salt; toss to coat.
- Replace the carrots with parsnips cut into 3-by-1/2-inch sticks.