Serve this casserole with a fresh green salad on the side.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 1/2pound sliced baked ham, torn into small pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 7 ounces cornbread, cut into small cubes (2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs plus one yolk, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Lightly butter a 9-inch casserole dish. In a bowl, toss the ham, cornbread, peas and thyme; transfer to the baking dish. In the same bowl, beat together the milk, eggs and yolk and salt. Pour into the baking dish. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake until the custard is just set in the center, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a green salad.
- Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais-Villages 2005 (France)
- Buy prepared corn bread at the supermarket.