Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shelled frozen peas or edamame
- 1 10 ounce box frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper strips
- Steamed rice, for serving
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- In a medium saucepan, bring half the coconut milk to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Cook, swirling the pan, until it thickens and forms large bubbles around the edge, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the curry paste until combined and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water, the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes; season to taste with salt.
- Stir the edamame and corn into the curry and boil gently until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the pepper strips and heat through, about 1 minute. Serve over the rice and top with the basil.
- Pick up cartons of steamed rice from your local takeout restaurant.