Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 8 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 14 1/2ouncecan chicken broth
- 1 large baking potato (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1 poundbag frozen corn, thawed
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh dill, for garnish
- Heat a deep skillet or a wide 4- to 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add the kielbasa and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onions and butter to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add the broth and potato and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes. Add the half-and-half and corn and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup chowder until smooth. Stir the puree back into the chowder along with the browned kielbasa and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the dill.
- Wolf Blass Chardonnay Presidents Selection 2004 (Australia)
- Make a double batch of chowder and freeze half for up to a month.