Real maple syrup makes all the difference in this recipe, adding a slightly woodsy taste that highlights the natural berry flavors.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 cups assorted berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add the maple syrup and beat until the cream holds stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In another bowl, toss the berries with the peel. Divide among 8 bowls and top with the maple cream.
- Replace the lemon peel with grated orange peel.