Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 16 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the turkey and chives. Let cool, then add the cheese and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and milk until frothy; season with salt and pepper.
- Place eight 10-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet. Divide the turkey mixture evenly among the ramekins and sprinkle each with a pinch crushed red pepper. Ladle the egg mixture to about 1/2 inch from the top of each ramekin. Bake until puffy and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Use rotisserie chicken meat in place of cooked turkey.