Store-bought sponge cake shells make this dessert a no-bake snap.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 25 mins
- 1/2cup seedless raspberry or mixed-berry jam
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 1/2cups (about 14 ounces) prepared lemon curd
- 12 sponge cake shells
- 1 1/2pints fresh raspberries or blackberries, divided
- In a small microwaveable bowl, stir together the jam and 1/4 cup water and microwave for 1 minute at full power. Stir until slightly cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream at medium-high speed until stiff. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the lemon curd until incorporated.
- Cut the cake shells in half to form semicircles. Lay 8 halves in an even layer in the bottom of a 10-cup trifle bowl (or other straight-sided, clear glass bowl). Drizzle 1/4 cup of the melted jam mixture onto the cake. Spoon one-third of the lemon cream on top and spread evenly. Sprinkle a half-pint of berries on top. Repeat the layering twice, mounding the last batch of berries in the center of the trifle.