Hey, kids! Try your next PB&J stacked up in a sweet, creamy parfait.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 1 8 ouncepackage cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup strawberry jelly
- 8 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, peanut butter and 1/4 cup half-and-half. Have a buddy or a GH (Grown-Up Helper) slowly pour in the remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half while you continue beating until the mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream just until it thickens enough to make soft peaks and bumps-too much beating turns it into butter! Using rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Scrape the jelly into a small bowl and stir it up to make it more spoonable. In parfait or juice glasses, layer 1 big spoonful jelly and 2 big spoonfuls peanut butter mousse, adding some strawberries wherever you like. Keep going until you reach the tops of your glasses. Refrigerate the parfaits for a couple of hours or until they get cold and firm.