Fresh herbs, citrus and crushed red pepper make this more than the usual olive mix.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 2 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs thyme, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sprig rosemary, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2-by-2-inch pieces lemon peel, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2-by-2-inch piece orange peel, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups mixed olives
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil, thyme, rosemary, lemon peel, orange peel and crushed red pepper over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in the olives.