Get the grill going! This dish tastes great when cooked over the coals.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 1/2cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1/2cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 6 ouncepieces halibut fillet
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 pineapple--peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a small, heavy saucepan, bring the rice, coconut milk, butter and 1 cup cold water to a boil. Cover, lower the heat and simmer, undisturbed, until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Fluff the cooked rice with a fork and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle or 2 heavy skillets over medium-high heat. Season the fish on both sides with salt and the jerk seasoning. Lightly salt both sides of each pineapple ring. Drizzle the olive oil in the pan, add the fish and pineapple rings and cook until golden, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Chop 2 pineapple rings into small cubes; stir into the rice along with the peas. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange a pineapple slice, a fish fillet and rice on each plate. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Wild Horse Viognier 2006 (California)
- Instead of halibut, try swordfish or striped bass.