Lighten up with this easy chicken burger.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 small head napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 English cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/4cups chopped scallions
- 1/3cup chopped mint
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large potatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 1/2pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 leaves bibb lettuce
- 4 slices yellow tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- Sliced sweet pickles, for garnish
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons oil, the lime juice, vinegar and hot sauce. Add the cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper, 3/4 cup scallions and the mint; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, the five-spice powder, and salt and pepper. Bake until crisp at the edges, 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the chicken with the grill seasoning, poppy seeds, lemon peel and remaining 1/2 cup scallions. Form into 4 patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken patties and cook until the juices run clear, about 6 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons honey. Set each burger on a roll bottom; top with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, onion slice and pickles. Slather the bun tops with the honey mustard and cover the burgers. Serve with the slaw and potatoes.
- Stuff the burgers into pitas with the honey mustard and slaw.